This multi-faceted programme offers far-reaching business experience and detailed customer insights that will prepare you for a career at the top of the retail banking world.
There will be opportunities to acquire an in-depth understanding of our competitors and the markets we operate in and at the same time learn about our core operations within Retail and Business Banking, as you help simplify processes and drive efficiency.
Though none of your placements will be in a branch-network-based, customer-facing role, your work will still be extremely customer-focused, as you take responsibility for driving and implementing strategies that make life easier for our customers.
You’ll also be able to build up an excellent understanding of our products, whether you’re making sure new products meet compliance and control requirements, ensuring product delivery is project managed effectively or evaluating the performance of existing products and renewing strategy accordingly.
Throughout, you’ll gain experience working with multiple stakeholders across clusters and functions.
Here are just some of the things you could find yourself doing over the two years:
- Helping to shape customer-facing strategy and working across the business to deliver on the plans
- Project managing large workstreams, as you take responsibility for data used to set strategy and operational delivery across the entire business
- Leading a review of existing complaints reduction plans and presenting your findings to senior decision-makers
- Supporting and implementing the launch of a new product that enables electronic donation at point of sale
- Taking ownership of projects and workstreams that enable us to launch into new markets and develop partnerships with other financial institutions
- Working with senior business development managers as part of the working group that defines and implements our international expansion framework